- It’s generally quick, simple and easy to do as the developer takes care of everything.
- You can sometimes arrange with the developer for you to finish off the work yourself – this can result in savings of 10-20%.
- There is a limited – but growing – number of developers offering this option around the UK.
- It tends to be a more expensive solution than a ‘traditional’ self build as the developer will want to recover all its costs and make a fair profit.
WHAT YOU USUALLY HAVE TO DO
- Register your interest in custom build with the relevant local authority where you’d like to build your home.
- Find a developer with a site and some home designs that you like.
- Agree on any changes to the design you may want.
- There is a growing number of developers offering custom build, one-stop solutions.
- Read some case studies here.